The New York Post reported that:
A “kind and generous” Long Island mom donated a kidney to save the life of her boss — who then turned around after she got what she wanted and helped fire the poor woman, according to an explosive new legal complaint.
“I decided to become a kidney donor to my boss, and she took my heart,” Debbie Stevens, a 47-year-old divorced mother of two, sobbed to The Post.
“I feel very betrayed. This has been a very hurtful and horrible experience for me. She just took this gift and put it on the ground and kicked it.”
Thank God for “at will” employment law….
- Mother Donates Kidney to Boss in Need and is Subsequently Fired (practikel.com)
- Worker Donates Kidney For The Boss – Then Gets Fired (inquisitr.com)
- Now is that evil or what? It was almost like she hired me just to get my kidney (thegtapatriot.wordpress.com)
- Suit: Woman fired after donating kidney to boss (foxnews.com)
- ‘I gave my boss my kidney – and she took my heart’: New York mum’s ‘betrayal’ after claims that boss she donated life-saving organ to FIRES her (mirror.co.uk)
- New York woman donates kidney to boss, then gets fired (wjla.com)
- Hicksville Woman Says She Was Fired After Donating Kidney To Boss (newyork.cbslocal.com)