Interior Minister Eli Yishai on Israel’s operation in Gaza: “The goal of the operation is to send Gaza back to the Middle Ages. Only then will Israel be calm for forty years.”
Yishai, a reactionary and leader of the Shas Party, is lying, of course. Israel will never “be calm” as long as Palestinians and other Arabs live on land it covets. The quest to achieve a Greater Israel remains intact.
- Israeli Minister: “The Goal…Is to Send Gaza Back to the Middle Ages” (alternet.org)
- Some indications of a Gaza ceasefire – Egyptian president (radionz.co.nz)
- Israel shells Gaza from the sea (bbc.co.uk)
- Shas Leader: If Sderot Can’t Sleep, Then Neither Will Gaza (gestetnerupdates.com)
- Pillar of Death: Israhell Is The Real Savage (middleeastatemporal.wordpress.com)
- Israel Bombing Residential Areas, Civilian Infrastructure in Gaza (antiwar.com)