Jimmy Carter calls out the Israeli imperialists
11.21.2012 1 Comment
President Obama says he supports a Palestinian state, but even so there’s a deadlock. Does it take even more than the support of a US President to get a Palestinian state?
I think the big change is that the Israeli leaders have decided to abandon the two-state solution. Their policy now is to confiscate Palestinian territory, and they’ve announced publicly that it the Palestinians have to recognize not just Israel but Israel as a Jewish state, even though 20% of the Israeli community are non-Jews. Netanyahu has also decided that even the Jordan valley has to be under Israeli control. So, those factors indicate quite clearly that Netanyahu has decided that the two-state solution is not what he wants. He wants what is being called Greater Israel, Eretz Israel. That’s a new development, and I think everyone recognizes this.
- Jimmy Carter: “Israelis’ Policy Is to Confiscate Palestinian Territory” – Democratic Underground (aboriginalpress.wordpress.com)
- Jimmy Carter Claims Israel Creating ‘Catastrophic’ Situation With Palestinians (washington.cbslocal.com)
- Jimmy Carter declares Netanyahu has decided on the one-state option (windowintopalestine.blogspot.com)
- Jimmy Carter: Netanyahu Has Abandoned Two-State Solution (news.antiwar.com)
- Jimmy Carter: Netanyahu has abandoned two-state solution in favor of Greater Israel (timesofisrael.com)
- Jimmy Carter: Israel has dropped the two-state solution for a ‘Greater Israel’ (mondoweiss.net)
- Israel not committed to two-state solution, Jimmy Carter says (chainsoff.wordpress.com)
- Jimmy Carter: Netanyahu has Abandoned Two-state Solution in Favor of Greater Israel (theuglytruth.wordpress.com)
- Jimmy Carter Says Mideast Peace Is ‘Vanishing’ (abcnews.go.com)