This report is not surprising:
In a recent investigative report by the Center for Responsive Politics and Hearst newspapers, the authors expressed concern that drones were being pushed into the domestic market before safety and ethics issues had been sufficiently addressed. Such fears played out when the first police department in the country to acquire an aerial drone crashed the $300,000 aircraft into its own SWAT team.
- Police drone crashes into police SWAT team (americankabuki.blogspot.com)
- D’oh! Police Drone Crashes Into Police SWAT Team (alternet.org)
- Drones Will Be The New Normal in The U.S. If We Let Them (crooksandliars.com)
- Coming to our skies: thousands of drones (mysanantonio.com)
- Will Congress “Drone Caucus” Push for DHS Drone Oversight? (dprogram.net)
- Drone Makers Push Congress to Move Up Domestic Deployment Date (tenthamendmentcenter.com)