9.13.2013 Leave a comment
Police Chief Steve Bracknell, who is responsible for the Florida town where George Zimmerman resides, agreed in a series of emails that Zimmerman is a “ticking time bomb” and another “Sandy Hook” waiting to happen.
Bracknell expressed his views in response to two emails from Santiago Rodriguez, who reached Bracknell through a contact form on the police department’s website. Bracknell confirmed the emails’ authenticity to ThinkProgress and subsequently tried to distance himself from the remarks.
ALEC refers, of course, the American Legislative Exchange Council, a well-funded policy shop dedicated to promoting a reactionary politics (about which, see this) and the source (.pdf) of the “stand your ground” legislation which protected George Zimmerman after he killed Trayvon Martin.
- Zimmerman’s Local Police Chief Agrees He’s Another ‘Sandy Hook’ (theroot.com)
- George Zimmerman ‘a Sandy Hook waiting to happen’, Florida police chief suggests (theguardian.com)
- Florida police chief: George Zimmerman is ‘a Sandy Hook waiting to happen’ (rawstory.com)
- Warning about Zimmerman (prairieweather.typepad.com)
- Police Chief Of George Zimmerman’s Town Agrees He’s A ‘Ticking Time Bomb’ (radio.foxnews.com)
- Police Chief: “Zimmerman’s Another ‘Sandy Hook’ Waiting to Happen” (readersupportednews.org)
- Zimmerman is Another ‘Sandy Hook’ Waiting To Happen (alternet.org)