3.28.2012 1 Comment
Having escaped from New York with his person intact, although a civil trial remains a real possibility, our hero returned to France only to soon find himself implicated in and briefly imprisoned because of the Carlton Affair:
Dominique Strauss-Kahn’s lawyer said it was wrong for his client to be prosecuted for “simple libertine activity” after he was charged with helping to run a prostitution ring last night.
The former head of the International Monetary Fund – who quit his post last year over charges, later dropped, alleging he sexually assaulted a hotel maid in New York – denies a charge of “aggravated procurement in an organised gang”.
Mr Strauss-Kahn was released on a €100,000 (£83,000) bail last night. He is understood to have admitted that he attended orgies in what has been dubbed the “Carlton Affair”, named after the hotel in which the sex parties took place. But Mr Strauss-Kahn maintains that he was unaware prostitutes were involved.
The case also revolves around suspicions that some of his business associates were among those running the ring and were misusing corporate funds while doing so.
- Dominique Strauss-Kahn Busted Over French Prostitution Ring (inquisitr.com)
- Dominique Strauss-Kahn Charged in Prostitution Case (blippitt.com)
- DSK lawyers fight prostitutes claim (cnn.com)
- Non-Rapist Dominique Strauss-Kahn Referred to Sex Party Prostitutes as ‘Gifts’ and ‘Luggage’ [DSK] (jezebel.com)
- Strauss-Kahn Civil Case Opens in NYC (myfoxny.com)
- Strauss-Kahn on vice-ring charges (independent.co.uk)
- Dominique Strauss-Kahn on formal sex ring investigation (direcmood.wordpress.com)
- Dominique Strauss-Kahn Charged With ‘Aggravated Pimping’ [Sex Crimes] (gawker.com)
- Strauss-Kahn charged with ‘aggravated pimping’ (cnn.com)
- URGENT: Strauss-Kahn charged in prostitution ring (foxnews.com)