12.24.2012 Leave a comment
From a PCJF news release:
FBI documents just obtained by the Partnership for Civil Justice Fund (PCJF) pursuant to the PCJF’s Freedom of Information Act demands reveal that from its inception, the FBI treated the Occupy movement as a potential criminal and terrorist threat even though the agency acknowledges in documents that organizers explicitly called for peaceful protest and did “not condone the use of violence” at occupy protests.
The PCJF has obtained heavily redacted documents showing that FBI offices and agents around the country were in high gear conducting surveillance against the movement even as early as August 2011, a month prior to the establishment of the OWS encampment in Zuccotti Park and other Occupy actions around the country.
In other words, according to Mara Verheyden-Hilliard, the Executive Director of the PCJF:
“These documents show that the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security are treating protests against the corporate and banking structure of America as potential criminal and terrorist activity. These documents also show these federal agencies functioning as a de facto intelligence arm of Wall Street and Corporate America.”
It is always good to have allies in high places….
Along with the thugs they authorize….
- FBI Documents Reveal Secret Nationwide Occupy Monitoring (phantomreport.com)
- FBI Investigated Occupy Movement as ‘Domestic Terrorists, Criminals’ (commondreams.org)
- Terrorists and criminals: Documents prove FBI monitored OWS (alethonews.wordpress.com)
- Terrorists and criminals: Documents prove FBI monitored OWS (rt.com)
- FBI Documents Reveal Secret Nationwide Occupy Monitoring (willyloman.wordpress.com)
- FBI Monitored Occupy Wall Street As Potential Terrorist, Criminal Threat (huffingtonpost.com)
- BREAKING: Glimpses of the COINTELPRO (insomniacs2.wordpress.com)
- Nationwide FBI [Redacted] monitoring file on #OWS describes OWS as a “criminal and terrorist threat” (12160.info)