7.16.2011 Leave a comment
Bloomberg now reports that “President Barack Obama has chosen a candidate other than Elizabeth Warren as director of the new Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, according to a person briefed on the matter.” Warren has performed effectively and admirably while leading in the creation of the new Bureau.
As for Ms. Warren, David Dayen reports that:
…there has been substantial credible speculation that she’ll try to defeat Scott Brown in a race for Senate in Massachusetts. Over the past several weeks, she has had multiple meetings with the likes of DSCC head Patty Murray, Chuck Schumer, John Kerry and even David Axelrod, as well as a number of Congressmen from the Bay State. That is certainly suggestive that she either wants to run or those other people want her to run.
- Warren Looks More Like a Senate Candidate (politicalwire.com)
- Obama Said to Eliminate Warren as Consumer Bureau Nominee (businessweek.com)
- Obama Said to Eliminate Warren as Nominee for Consumer Bureau (businessweek.com)
- Obama Eliminates Warren as Consumer Head – Bloomberg (shortformblog.tumblr.com)
- Elizabeth Warren Gets House Committee Grilling (swampland.time.com)
- Grilling Elizabeth Warren (swampland.time.com)
- Extreme suckitude . . . I need to lay down now (maureenholland.wordpress.com)
- Elizabeth Warren vs. House GOP, round 3 (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Is the Elizabeth Warren report being eliminated by Obama, a political situation? I would assume she would be ideal, but how big a fight would it be to restructure the agency if she was appointed? (shortformblog.tumblr.com)