A sensible question to ask
7.26.2011 Leave a comment
Why didn’t the GOP even hold a vote on the Balanced Budget Amendment when they controlled the WH, House and Senate under Bush?
One feasible answer: The GOP needed a willing Democratic president to gut the many social programs on which Americans now or will need.
Barack Obama — the man who liberated the GOP!
- Boehner Releases GOP Plan To Raise The Debt Limit (businessinsider.com)
- WH discourages GOP balanced budget amendment idea (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- WH discourages GOP balanced budget amendment idea (sfgate.com)
- GOP pushes another balanced budget amendment vote (politico.com)
- Reid: I have an exciting new compromise debt deal for you radical right-wing extremists (hotair.com)
- Dem Senator: House Republicans Morphed Into ‘A Cult’ (huffingtonpost.com)
- GOP adds constitutional amendment to budget fight (sfgate.com)
- GOP to push for vote on balanced-budget amendment in debt-ceiling bill; Update: $1.1T in cuts for $1T debt-ceiling increase? (hotair.com)
- Debt Deal By August 2nd Still Not Obvious, As House GOP Shows No Signs Of Compromise (businessinsider.com)
- “Bipartisan” Opposition to Cut, Cap, and Kill Doesn’t Faze Boehner (duanegraham.wordpress.com)