Ralph Nader and others intend to challenge Obama in 2012
9.19.2011 2 Comments
The Washington Times reports that:
President Obama‘s smooth path to the Democratic nomination may have gotten rockier Monday, after a group of liberal leaders, including former presidential candidate Ralph Nader, announced plans to challenge the incumbent in primaries next year.
The group said the goal is to offer up a handful of candidates from various fields and areas where the president either has failed to stake out a “progressive” position or where he has “drifted toward the corporatist right.”
The Times continues:
In search of candidates, Mr. Nader and the others sent out a letter, endorsed by 45 “distinguished leaders,” to elected officials, civic leaders, academics and members of the progressive community who specialize among other things in labor, poverty, military and foreign policy. The list, they said, also includes progressive Democrats who have held national and state office and have fought for progressive reforms.
- Ralph Nader Is a Traitor to Democratic Success! (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- Liberals vow to challenge Obama in Democratic primaries (peregrine5700.wordpress.com)
- Ralph Nader: USA is a two-party dictatorship (dangerousminds.net)
- Ralph Goes Rogue: Nader Gives Sarah Palin Props For Populist Speech (mediaite.com)
- Palin’s smarter than people think, says – Ralph Nader (hotair.com)
- Strange New Respect: Ralph Nader Praises Sarah Palin For Echoing His Themes (minx.cc)
- Ralph Nader To Seek Obama Primary Challengers (alan.com)
- Maine court hears Ralph Nader 2004 ballot appeal (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Smelling Blood, Liberals Turn On Obama (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)