The ‘left opposition’ to Obama has a lot of work to do
9.21.2011 1 Comment
Many loyal Democrats experienced a bit of anxiety (or, perhaps, anger) earlier this week when it was reported that some progressives are planning a primary challenge against Barack Obama, and that perennial presidential candidate Ralph Nader was involved. A letter was sent by this group to other progressive leaders sounding them out about the potential of running against Obama from the left.
But it turns out that’s all this is so far: a letter.
There is no money. There is no staff. There is no formal organization that could help get a potential candidate on primary ballots or run a real campaign.
- Ralph Nader and others intend to challenge Obama in 2012 (atung.net)
- Ralph Nader Is a Traitor to Democratic Success! (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- Ralph Nader Rails Against ‘Two-Party Dictatorship’ In Obama Primary Chat With Lawrence O’Donnell (mediaite.com)
- Ralph Nader is a Careerist Troll (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- Ralph Nader: USA is a two-party dictatorship (dangerousminds.net)
- Nader Wants Obama to Face Primary (politicalwire.com)
- Carville on Possible Primary Challenge: Nader Has Done Enough Damage (abcnews.go.com)
- Feingold says Obama shouldn’t be primaried (americablog.com)
- Ralph Nader Promises To Challenge President Obama In Primary (mediaite.com)
- Ralph Nader To Seek Obama Primary Challengers (alan.com)