The latest in agent provocateur technology
10.31.2011 Leave a comment
A recent news report (also see this) reveals the New York City Police Department has begun to direct a “contingent of lawbreakers and lowlifes” found in New York City’s public parks to take their party to Zuccotti Park! Divide et impera! By creating a status distinction within the occupied space, this handy tactic forces the Occupy Wall Street group to police its space, suffer drug sales and other crimes, secure its individual and collective possessions, restrict the food it supplies, etc. Worst of all, it might also create a social condition which New York City’s government can use to remove the Occupation.
That said, let us appreciate how quickly the city’s government and the NYPD abandoned broken windows policing when doing so suited its purposes! Indeed, if we assume that the lawful exercise of an American’s free speech rights is not at all disorderly and that the Occupy Wall Street group has not broken a legally rational law, it follows that the Bloomberg administration and the Police Department have generated the urban disorder one can find around the Occupation!
- Occupy Wall Street Erects A Tent City In Zuccotti Park, With Little Reaction From NYPD (huffingtonpost.com)
- Cops Threaten to Sue Nonexistent Violent Protesters [Occupy Wall Street] (gawker.com)
- If the plutocrats in Washington think that Occupy Groups will back off, they are wrong. (iflizwerequeen.com)
- Scott Olsen’s example for the Occupy movement | Michelle Gross (guardian.co.uk)
- FDNY And NYPD Remove Occupy Wall Street Generators; Protesters Charge Political Motivation (huffingtonpost.com)
- Occupy Wall Street on the Move by Ralph Nader (dandelionsalad.wordpress.com)
- Cops Blame Occupy Wall Street for Surge in Shootings But City Wastes Money Policing Nonviolent Protesters (alternet.org)
- Right-wing Agent Provocateur Admits Role in Occupy Washington Protest (stevebeckow.com)