Occupy Wall Street protesters evicted from Zuccotti Park
3.18.2012 4 Comments
The New York City Police Department, currently embroiled in scandals which are so common (ticket fixing, gun running and contraband smuggling, rape, killing of the unarmed, surveillance of the innocent, identity-biased stop-and-frisk searches, etc.) that they now define its very existence, added to its current scandal list when its members “rioted” (see this and this) while removing Occupy Wall Street protesters from Zuccotti Park in Manhattan. The protesters reoccupied the Park while celebrating the sixth-month anniversary of its emergence.
Sadly, not much has changed for the better since 1996 when Amnesty International released its infamous report on the NYPD’s human rights violations. To be sure, the Department’s political and corporate paymasters would not have it any other way.
- Occupy Wall Street Retakes Zuccotti Park, Kicks Off 2012 Protests @PolicyMic | Chris Miles (tribuneofthepeople.com)
- Occupy Wall Street Marks Anniversary With Zuccotti Park Protests (mediaite.com)
- Dozens Of Arrests As Protestors Re-Occupy Zuccotti Park To Kick-Off Spring Offensive (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- OWS Marks Sixth Month Anniversary Of Movement With Demonstration In Zuccotti Park (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- Aljazeera – Arrests At New York “Occupy” Protest – 18 March 2012 (lucas2012infos.wordpress.com)
- Arrests at New York ‘Occupy’ protests (rightways.wordpress.com)
- Arrests for “Occupy” Anniversary (socyberty.com)
- Are we going to do this again? (bullshitfighter.wordpress.com)
- A Muslim Wedding at Occupy Wall Street (timesunion.com)
- #OWS returns to Zuccotti Park (occupyblogosphere.wordpress.com)