Quote of the day
3.23.2012 Leave a comment
The canard of “crime” reduction used to justify the innocent Trayvon’s murder relies on definitions of criminality devised by the perpetrators of racist violence and by those who benefit economically and politically from the continuation of this system of racial oppression. Even if the innocent Trayvon had been doing what white racists feared that he was, his murder would still have been entirely unjustified by any act short of pulling a loaded gun and threatening to shoot the perpetrator. And if racially neutral definitions of criminality based on actual social harms caused were used most of America’s ruling class would be behind bars.
Has modern American suffered any greater disaster than that caused by America’s long, hot War on Drugs (Crime)? I don’t believe so.
- Trayvon Martin and The Fear in a Black Mother’s Heart (newblackwoman.com)
- Trayvon Martin is the modern-day Emmett Till (themoxiesophic.com)
- Tallahassee students demand justice for Trayvon Martin (redantliberationarmy.wordpress.com)
- Help to Bring Justice for Late Trayvon Martin: African Immigrants in America Racial Murder Doesn’t Wait to Hear Your Nice Accent … (yoknyamdabale.wordpress.com)
- Trayvon Martin (feministphilosophers.wordpress.com)
- All our sons, all our daughters (graybeardtrail.wordpress.com)
- How to Talk To Young Black Boys About Trayvon Martin (ideas.time.com)
- Trayvon Martin Case Subject of Impassioned Speech on House Floor (inquisitr.com)
- I Am Trayvon Martin… (chelleychelle101.wordpress.com)
- Must See: Congresswoman Speaks On The House Floor About The Murder of Trayvon Wilson, Will Do So Every Day Until Justice Is Served (clutchmagonline.com)
- #IAmTrayvonMartin: Time to Speak Out against hate crimes/modern “lynchings” (timotheusgordon.com)