5.2.2012 Leave a comment
The New York Times reported that:
A damning report on the hacking scandal at Rupert Murdoch’s British newspapers concluding that Mr. Murdoch is “not a fit person” to run a huge international company has convulsed Britain’s political and media worlds and threatened a core asset of Mr. Murdoch’s American-based News Corporation.
Will this report and its damning judgment lead to Murduch’s downfall? That is unlikely. Murdoch is a well-entrenched oligarch. He will survive this scandal. His probable surival does not mean we should not take great pleasure from his humiliation!
- British Panel Criticizes Rupert Murdoch Over Hacking Scandal – NYTimes.com (policyabcs.wordpress.com)
- MICHAEL WOLFF: Unless The Government Gets Involved, Rupert Murdoch’s Safe At The Top Of News Corp (businessinsider.com)
- Rupert Murdoch deemed ‘not a fit person’ to run international company (guardian.co.uk)
- Rupert Murdoch: Any new News Corp. atrocities, recently? (brobrubel.wordpress.com)
- Phone-hacking: MPs clash over when Murdoch criticisms were discussed (guardian.co.uk)
- Reprimand won’t stop Murdoch’s contempt (blogs.reuters.com)
- Reuters Video: Rupert Murdoch deemed unfit in UK report (englishblog.com)
- Nick Clegg: big questions over Rupert Murdoch’s fitness to run News Corp (guardian.co.uk)
- Parliamentary Report Lambasts Murdoch As Being Unfit To Run His International Media Empire (themoderatevoice.com)
- Whither Murdoch? (rendezvous.blogs.nytimes.com)