Progress in enlightenment comes slowly
10.16.2012 Leave a comment
According to a new Pew Research Center study, a strong majority of Americans are once again willing to consider the reality of global warming. Unfortunately fewer Americans are willing to attribute recent warming trends to human activities.
Republicans are the laggards in this matter, as any sentient person would expect:
Americans also misjudge the degree of consensus among scientists over the global warming hypothesis.
Climate scientists have achieved a remarkably strong consensus (.pdf) on the reality and causes of global warming.
- More Say There Is Solid Evidence of Global Warming (people-press.org)
- Pew Research: More Say There Is Solid Evidence of Global Warming (climatedepot.com)
- Survey: Despite Majority, A Large Partisan Gap On Global Warming Evidence (washington.cbslocal.com)
- Opposition To Global Warming (bravenewworld.in)
- Poll: Half of Republicans Believe in Global Warming (usnews.com)
- Revolutionary Action Needed on Global Warming (indybay.org)
- Misleading Daily Mail Article Pre-Bunked by Nuccitelli et al. (2012) (skepticalscience.com)
- Uncritically, Media Accepts Misleading Global Warming Poll (pjmedia.com)
- Global Warming Hysteria Setback (nationalreview.com)