Crackpot opines on Obama’s victory
11.9.2012 Leave a comment
Mitt Romney lost the election because President Barack Obama engaged in voter suppression, according to Republican political strategist Karl Rove.
“He succeeded by suppressing the vote,” Rove said in an interview on Fox News with anchor Megyn Kelly on Thursday afternoon, “by saying to people, ‘You may not like who I am and I know you can’t bring yourself to vote for me, but I’m going to paint this other guy as simply a rich guy who only cares about himself.'”
Rove didn’t actually give any examples of ways in which Obama made it harder for people to exercise their constitutional right at the polls—things like voter ID laws, which have been pushed by GOP legislatures around the country. In fact, Obama specifically said in his victory speech that it was unfair that people had to wait in line for hours to vote, which occurred in part because Republicans reduced the time period for early voting.
Rove did say that Obama had aired attack ads and painted Romney as out-of-touch with the concerns of ordinary voters, but these are fairly common tactics in politics, and Rove is certainly no stranger to them.
“Fifty-three percent in the exit polls said on Election Day that Mitt Romney’s policies would only help the rich. And they voted for Obama by a 9 to 1 margin,” added Rove. “Of the 21 percent of the electorate who said that the most important characteristic in a president was that he cares about people like me, they voted for President Obama by almost a 9 to 1 margin. They effectively denigrated Mitt Romney’s character, business acumen, business experience and made him unworthy.”
Kelly then pointed out that whoever runs in 2016 on the Democratic ticket is not likely to go any easier on Republicans. Rove replied that the GOP needed to be quicker to responding to attacks, saying the Romney campaign did not do so effectively enough.
In other words, the Obama Campaign suppressed the vote by successfully identifying the vulture capitalist Mitt Romney as a vulture capitalist!
- Karl Rove Claims Obama Won Because He Suppressed The Vote (alan.com)
- Karl Rove: Obama ‘succeeded by suppressing the vote’ (rawstory.com)
- Rove: Obama won ‘by suppressing the vote’ (politico.com)
- Karl Rove, the Biggest Loser (alternet.org)
- Karl Rove’s very expensive fail (tv.msnbc.com)
- Rove on the hot seat (atung.net)
- Karl Rove claims President Obama won reelection by ‘suppressing the vote’ – New York Daily News (nydailynews.com)
- Karl Rove says Obama won by ‘suppressing the vote,’ many Republicans blame Rove himself (news.nationalpost.com)
- Karl Rove explains what went wrong (dailykos.com)