Cease-fire in Gaza
11.22.2012 Leave a comment
The New York Times reports:
Gazans poured into the streets declaring victory against the far more powerful Israeli military. In Israel, the public reaction was far more subdued. Many residents in the south expressed doubt that the agreement would hold, partly because at least five Palestinian rockets thudded into southern Israel after the cease-fire began.
The Times, putting into practice its vaunted ‘balanced journalistic practices,’ failed to report what the Gazan’s expected from Israel, whether the cease-fire would hold, for how long and for what reasons. Nor did the Times question the origin of the conflict — Israel’s occupation of Palestinian land. The report mostly reflected the foreign policy requirements of the Obama government.
- Cease-Fire Holds Between Hamas, Israel, Hamas Declares Holiday – ABC News (coralvillecourier.typepad.com)
- Zionist drones and warplanes pollute Gaza’s skies immediately after 9 pm “cease-fire” (ingaza.wordpress.com)
- Air Strikes And Deadly Attacks Stop As Palestine And Israel Agree To Cease-Fire…For Now (bossip.com)
- Gaza, Israel Calm as Cease-Fire Holds (voanews.com)
- Israel, Hamas claim victory amid Gaza cease-fire (worldnews.nbcnews.com)
- Israel and Hamas reach a cease-fire (jericho777.wordpress.com)
- Israel and Hamas reach a cease-fire (jta.org)
- Israel, Hamas agree to cease-fire in Gaza (tv.msnbc.com)
- Fragile cease-fire takes hold (cbsnews.com)
- Many Israelis denounce cease-fire accord, say job is unfinished (kansascity.com)