Citibank predator will be the next Treasury Secretary
1.10.2013 4 Comments
Barack Obama, the Nobel Laureate, has now officially presented Jack Lew to be his next Treasury Secretary. Lew, currently Obama’s Chief of Staff, would replace Timothy Geithner, a tool of big finance capital. Can we expect Lew to act in the general interest? No, he too promises to be a tool of big finance capital:
President Barack Obama’s choice [of Lew] to lead the White House budget office oversaw a Citigroup unit that profited off the housing collapse and financial crisis by investing in a hedge fund king who correctly predicted the eventual subprime meltdown and now finds himself involved in the center of the U.S. government’s fraud case against Goldman Sachs.
Lew also broke a Graduate Student’s union while working for New York University and before betting against American citizens while at Citigroup.
- LIVE: Obama Nominates Jack Lew As Treasury Secretary (businessinsider.com)
- In picking Lew, Obama turns a page at Treasury (wfaa.com)
- Jack Lew To Be Nominated For Treasury Secretary By Obama: Report (huffingtonpost.com)
- OoooooooO no! (theage.com.au)
- Washington insider Jacob Lew widely expected as next treasury secretary (kansascity.com)
- Lew Seen Outside Mold of Past US Treasury Secretaries (voanews.com)
- Washington insider Jacob Lew widely expected as next treasury secretary (miamiherald.com)
- Obama To Nominate Jack Lew As Head Of Treasury (npr.org)
- Jacob Lew next US Secretary of Treasury (israelnationalnews.com)